Thursday, February 12, 2009

Workout Buddies!


I know, I am at a big advantage because I work at the YMCA, and exercise equitpment is right here for me, but honestly, I prefer to run outside or shred in my own home. As I've said a million times, I HATE the treadmill with a passion, because I get so bored. It's been really hard for me to maintain, or even think of losing weight during the winter because I can't run outside.


However, one of my co-workers, Vickie, uses the elliptical almost daily at the Y. Back in December, we decided to start working out at the same time, and I'd get on treadmill #1 and she'd get on elliptical #2, so we'd be next to eachother, but didn't talk because we had headphones on. It's kind of funny to call us workout buddies because there's no communitcation, but it's all about the accountability. We all have our off days when we don't want to workout, and luckily ours are on different days!
This method of working out is really good for people pleasers, as I am one, because I don't want to let her down, and she doesn't want to let me down! We both always have our workout clothes here, so even on days I come in with the mindset of no, no treadmill today, Vickie asks, and I always give in and go run.
I highly recommend a workout buddy, even if it's only a few days a week, it really has made a difference for me!


Also, that photo is of Vickie and I at the YMCA's family fun night 2 weeks ago. My mom's friend let us borrow her poodle skirts, which brings me to another point - now that I'm a much smaller size, I have the ability to just borrow clothes or costumes from people.... which is something I never could do before!
Being fit is so fun :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! You are such an inspiration to me!

    I have a friend who goes to the Y with me for kickboxing. It really helps to have someone there!

    Good for you for being able to borrow clothes! I can't wait to be able to do that one day too, much less shop out of plus sizes!!

    ReplyDelete