Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 Goals!



I'm not really a resolution making type person... I'm not going to say I won't eat fries this year, or I'll only have dessert once a week, or I'll work out every single day no matter what - because it's too restricting, and I know I won't stick with it.

I'd rather set some goals for myself. If I hit them in '09, great! If I can't, that's ok, as long as I keep working towards it...

So here are some goals I have for myself...some are health related, some are personal, some are random! Every now and then I might come back to this and give a few updates...


-Run a 5k in under 30 minutes (cutting 2:30 off my PR)

-Do the entire shred series with my 8lb. weights (now I'm doing about half the moves with 8's and half with 5's)

-Do 1 pull up

-Run a 10k in under 65 minutes (cutting 4:10 off my PR)

-Read 50 books (and it must be a good mixture of classics, contemporary, historical, romance, drama, etc. so far I've got 2.5 down, 47.5 to go!)

-Hit my goal of losing 100 lbs, then maybe 7 more :)

-Adopt 2 more dogs once we move into a house....

-Buy a house (hopefully this summer or fall!)

-Call my grandparents once a week (I hate taking on the phone, but I know my Grandma likes it when I call)

-Teach Pumpkin 6 more tricks - if anyone has ever taught their dog to put that toys back in their toy bin, please tell me how you did it! Or any suggestions to what I can teach her, so far we have sit, down, paw, high-five, sit pretty, roll over, and stay (if I put a treat on her paw). We're currently working on I say Bang! and she plays dead. This one's taking some work....

-Eat vegetarian 2 nights per week (simple for me, I was one for 7 years, the tough part is finding satisfying vegetarian meals for my very NOT vegetarian husband)

-Research and implement one new 'green living' technique each month

-Do one new special, nice, unexpected, or thoughtful thing for JJ each week



So what are some of your goals?
Any suggestions to help me work on mine?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome goals! Best of luck with them!

    My goals this year are to finish a marathon, finish 25 books, and be a nicer & more patient person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the Shred with 8 lb weights! I'm on day 17 (so day 7 of level 2), and last night I had the worst work out ever when attempting to move up to my 5 lb weights! Had to move back down to my large cans of fruit for half the moves today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH! Today will be day 6 of shred for me. I'm using 3lb weights consistently, but I'm also bringing in 5lb weights in some of the sections (chest flies and those back pinch things). But EIGHT POUNDS?! I'm jealous you're so advanced! And encouraged!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristine (your sister)January 7, 2009 at 2:43 PM

    You're a cheese ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a good post on how to get your dog to put the toys in the tox box. http://www.victoriastilwell.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513

    It's in the first post, a little more than half way down. It starts with "Bigger Tricks"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your resolutions because they touch on all aspects of your life and you are clearly trying to make yourself a more well rounded person.

    Good luck in 09!

    ReplyDelete