Friday, July 18, 2008

The First 50 - Workouts

Work-Outs for the first 50 lbs....

As I said, I bought an elliptical from Dick's because having it at home meant no lines at the Y, not having to drive there, being able to listen to my music and watch TV while working out, and having NO EXCUSES!
I've always been a big fan of the elliptical because it's low impact, harder than walking, but not as bad as running. My biggest challenge is keeping myself at a steady, quick pace.
I have a horizon elliptical, not sure about the model #, but I'll check it when I go home today.
In addition to ellipticalling, I walked my dog, Pumpkin, daily.
Occasionally on the weekends my then fiance' and I would ride bikes or play tennis, so here is a sample schedule of my workouts.
For the last few months closest to the wedding, I added some arm strength training because I wore a strapless dress, I'll post that separately.


April 1 - November 20th, 2007
Monday - Friday:
-Walk Pumpkin 1 mile when I got home from work/school
-Elliptical 45 minutes
Saturday and Sunday:
-Walk Pumpkin 2 miles
-Elliptical 60 minutes
(or sometimes 2x daily for 45 min. each when I was feeling extra motivated)
-30-60 minutes of another form of exercise, for example playing tennis, biking 5 miles, or hitting a bucket of golf balls


Of course I'd have to take days off every now and then because of travel or vacation, but I pretty much worked out 7 days per week!

My walking buddy, Pumpkin Spice!

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME AND AMAZING!!!!! And I am in love with Pumpkin :) What a great workout buddy.

    ReplyDelete