Friday, July 18, 2008

The First 50

First things first...
I'm a very one thing at a time, organized, choronological person, so already my blog is stressing me out! (I'm an accountant, did I mention that?)
I did my shred post because I constantly have people asking me to tell them about it, and I'm tired of typing the same thing a million times!
So anyway...


Why did I decide to completely change my life, you might ask?
I got engaged!


(My initial dress fitting)

Losing weight and gaining it back, struggling to live a healthy lifestyle has been a lifelong battle for me. I would do a good job, lose 20 pounds, feel good, then I'd hit a speed bump and stop. It's happened probably 10 times to me. I've never been a fad dieter or fitness junkie, or a long term commitment type girl...
So after I got engaged in May of 2006, I knew I wanted to lose 50 pounds for the wedding. It wasn't until March of 2007 that I realized, hey, we're only 9 months away and I haven't lost a pound yet, LETS GO!
So one night, at my highest weight to date, I cried to my wonderful husband and told him it was the time to change. We went to Barnes and Noble and I bought a weight loss book/journal called "I Will Lose Weight This Time."
It had places to put in a picture of yourself, take measurements, weight, BMI, etc. It also had you write down every bit of food you consumed. Writing down what you eat is HARD and time comsuming, but it WORKS!!!
I also bought an elliptical from Dicks so I could workout at home. I dipped into my wedding savings, $500, and it was well worth it. I had no excuses to not work out anymore! And let me tell you, carrying that elliptical up 2 flights of stairs into my apartment was workout #1 for sure!
I also cut my calories to 1200. This was difficult for me because though I don't eat unhealthy food, I can eat like a horse. No joke. I'm never full. So, I had to find lower in calorie foods that I could eat more of.
So, did I do it? Well, I came up a bit short, on my wedding day I had lost 47 lbs. But, my dress was far too big so I tell myself had I lost the last 3, it might have fallen down.


(My wedding day, down 47 lbs.)

Coming soon - my exact workouts to lose 50 pounds, plus meal plans!

6 comments:

  1. AMAZING! You should be SO PROUD of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I'm trying to lose some weight too, so this will be good for me to check out your blog. Maybe it will keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and wanted to say *thanks* for sharing your story here :). Reading the posts of people who have succeeded in weight loss inspires me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog in May 2009 and you inspired me so much! I have lost 46 pounds do date and Im still going strong! Im so glad we have the chance to prove that it doesnt take surgery or pills or any weird thing to lose weight, its all about getting active and changing your diet! Thanks for the inspiration! 44 pounds to go!

    ReplyDelete